At about 9:24pm, on Friday, December 28, 2007, officers from Area A-1 (Downtown) responded to a radio call for an armed robbery in progress at the Quality-Mart Convenience Store at 21 Massachusetts Avenue. On arrival, officers spoke to a store employee who stated that two black males entered the store and robbed him at gunpoint. According to the store employee, one of the suspects stepped behind the counter, showed a firearm and demanded all of the money in the cash register. In addition to the money in the register, the suspects also grabbed a number of lottery tickets, batteries and Altoid mints. The suspects then ordered the store employee to the back of the store. According to the victim, the suspects then ordered him into a back room and fled the store. Officers quickly broadcast a description of the suspects over the police radio. A short time later, officers located the suspects in the area of the Esplanade. When the suspects saw the officers approaching, they began to run. During the course of the foot pursuit, officers observed one of the suspects discard his jacket. Upon recovering the jacket, officers were able to recover batteries and Altoid mint tins.
Officers then arrested Ronald Greene, 37, of Dorchester and Michael Dias, 29, of Boston and charged both with Armed Robbery. Officers were also able to recover the weapon used in the crime. Officers recovered a small, black semiautomatic firearm. The victim also positively identified both suspects.

At about 12:23am, on Saturday, December 29, 2007, officers from Area A-1 (Downtown) responded to a radio call for an EMT in need of assistance in the area of 21 Merchants Row. On arrival, officers observed an individual punching the side of an ambulance. Officers then spoke to the EMT’s who stated that they had received a radio call for an intoxicated female who had fallen and bumped her head. According to the EMT’s, when they arrived, they began tending to the woman. However, as they were doing so, the woman’s boyfriend approached them and began interfering. At one point, the woman’s boyfriend punched one of the EMT’s in the arm. After placing the victim into the ambulance, the EMT’s told the suspect he had to wait outside the vehicle. At this point, the suspect began punching the side of the ambulance.
When officers approached the suspect, he became physically aggressive and verbally belligerent. Officers then arrested suspect and charged him with Assault & Battery on a Public Employee (EMT).

At about 12:55am, on Saturday, December 29, 2007, officers, in conjunction with members of the Massachusetts State Police, were performing a sobriety checkpoint in the area of Charles Street when officers observed an operator of a motor vehicle who appeared (glassy eyes) to be under the influence of alcohol. As officers were talking with the individual, he admitted to having been drinking earlier in the evening. However, when officers asked the operator to pull over and shut the engine off, the operator, instead, chose to drive off. After a short pursuit, officers were able to locate the motor vehicle. In fact, the suspect’s motor vehicle came to a stop after coming into contact with a snow bank.
Officers arrested Kevin Sherman, 50, of Boston and charged him with Operating Under the Influence (Alcohol), Refusing to Stop for a Police Officer, Speeding and Driving to Endanger. When officers conducted an inventory search of the suspect’s motor vehicle, officers recovered several bottles of liquor and empty cans of beer.