BOSTON POLICE INVESTIGATE POTENTIAL CONNECTION IN RECENT ROBBERIES
Investigators Release Surveillance Images
The Boston Police Department is actively investigating the following incidents which detectives believe are related. Surveillance images are being provided and anyone with information is encouraged to contact authorities.
• On January 10, 2010 at 10:14 pm, a commercial robbery occurred at 3 Neptune Circle (Neptune Convenience Store) in East Boston. The victim states that a Black male (6’0”, medium build, brown jacket and a grey hoodie) showed a silver firearm and robbed the store of cash. The suspect then fled in a brown Chevy Impala. This is believed to be the same suspect that robbed convenience stores in C-11(Dorchester) and E-5 (West Roxbury).
• On January 2, 2010 at 9:58 pm, a robbery occurred at 154 Morrissey Blvd (Shell Gas Station) in Dorchester. The victim states that a Black male (~ 25 YOA, 5’11”, and medium build) entered the gas station and attempted to purchase a beverage. The suspect then showed a handgun and demanded money as well as Newport cigarettes. The suspect also stole the clerk’s cell phone. The suspect carried a red gas can. There have been other recent robberies where a suspect, who matches this physical description, carries a red gas can during the robbery of a gas station.
• On January 1, 2010 at 7:18pm an unknown black male, approximately 6’1” and 190 lbs robbed the Shell Gas Station located at 510 VFW Parkway in West Roxbury by means of a firearm. The suspect also told the clerk that his car had run out of gas and purchased a red gas can and gas prior to robbing the business.
Safety Tips for Store Owners:
• Review your security systems for effectiveness
• Remove all obstructions from windows and counter tops
• Be sure you are capturing efficient security video
• Place a measurement tape near the doorways in a location that can easily assess suspect height on video
• Comply with suspects demands
• Concentrate on getting good physical description of the assailants
• Immediately call 911 as soon as the robbery occurs
The Boston Police Department is actively investigating the facts and circumstances surrounding this incident. Anyone with information is urged to contact the A-7 detectives at (617) 343-4234.
Community members who wish to assist this investigation in an anonymous manner can call the CrimeStoppers Tip Line at 1 (800) 494-TIPS or text the word ‘TIP’ to CRIME (27463). The Boston Police Department is interested only in your information, not your identity.
On January 10, 2010 at 3 Neptune Circle (Neptune Convenience Store) in East Boston:
On January 2, 2010 at 154 Morrissey Blvd (Shell Gas Station) in Dorchester:
On January 1, 2010 at 510 VFW Parkway in West Roxbury: