Monday, May 3
Marine Week comes to Boston May 3 – 9, 2010. The weeklong series of events will celebrate Country and Corps through civic engagements, band performances and much more. The following events will take place on Monday, May 3.
WHEN: Monday, May 3
WHAT, WHERE, TIME:
Volunteer Outreach Events:
- 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. - Marines will work with the city of Boston to paint a mural at Kelly Field, Hyde Park
- 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. - Marines volunteer at the New England Center for Homeless
- 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. - Marines volunteer to help restore Chestnut Hill Reservoir
American Airlines Dedication
- 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – American Airlines will dedicate Gate B33 to the Marine Corps in honor of Marine Week Boston
- 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. - Musical performance at Faneuil Hall Marketplace/ Boston Common by the Albany Marine Band.
- 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. - Marines will display the latest vehicles and combat equipment at Boston Common, Faneuil Hall, Charlestown Navy Yard and Copley Square. Equipments includes:
- MTVR (7 Ton Truck)
- M777 Howitzer
- HIMARS (Mobile Rocket System)
- MV-22 Osprey
- CH-53 Helicopter
Combat Art Show
- 9:00 A.M.- 6:00 P.M. - An exciting and engaging art exhibit will be on display at the USS Constitution Museum, Charlestown Navy Yard, showcasing work from Marine Corps Combat Artists.
Interviews are available and encouraged with any of the Marines working throughout the community. Photo opportunities abound, including aboard and inside of static equipment. Please contact Maj Frazee or GySgt Mulero with requests.
Major Brandon Frazee: Brandon.email@example.com 480-540-8132
Gunnery Sergeant. Alexis Mulero: firstname.lastname@example.org 516-729-5347
Press room: 617-423-0201 or 617-423 -0450