Pursuant to an ongoing drugs investigation for which officers had attained a search warrant, officers responded to 457 Columbia Rd. #1 in Dorchester to execute the search warrant around 2:15PM yesterday afternoon.
Officers established surveillance on the target location and a short time later observed the target of the investigation exit the above location with a woman. Officers stopped the suspect and his companion and he immediately denied having gone into the target address or living there. The suspect and his companion were escorted back to the target address where they were shown a copy of the warrant and the search warrant was executed.
1) Medium plastic bag of crack cocaine
2) Small plastic bag of crack cocaine
3) Bag of drug packaging material
4) Digital scale used to measure and weigh drugs
5) A semi-automatic firearm
6) Several round of ammunition for the firearm
7) A magazine for the firearm
8) $259.00 cash from one of the suspects
These items were seized and logged into evidence. The suspect, Derek T. Smith, 30 of Dorchester was arrested and charged with Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, Unlawful Possession of Ammunition, Possession of Class D with Intent to Distribute within 1,000’ of a School Zone, and Possession of Class B with Intent to Distribute within 1,000’ of a School Zone.