Saturday, September, 21, 2013 officers from District B-2 (Roxbury), the Mission
Hill area in partnership with Northeastern University Police Department,
responded to several calls for loud parties. The incidents resulted in
multiple individuals summoned into West Roxbury District Court for numerous
offenses ranging from Supplying /Furnishing Alcohol to Minors, Minor in
Possession of Alcohol, and Drinking Alcohol in Public.
The circumstances surrounding these incidents were as follow:
- At about 12:11 AM, officers responded to a radio call for a loud party in the area of Darling Street. On arrival officers observed loud music playing, beer and alcohol and several dozen people in the apartment. The tenants were asked to have their guests leave and complied. All three tenants will be summonsed to West Roxbury District Court for Minor in Possession of Alcohol.
- At about 12:30 AM, officers responded to a radio call for a loud party in the area of 101 Calumet Street. Apt. #3. On arrival officers observed several people in the street and on the sidewalk outside of the above address. The officers went to the third floor where the music was coming from and found a large group of people in the third floor apartment along with beer and alcohol. The officers identified the tenants. The officers had the tenants clear the party which they did. A large group spilled out to the streets and had to be moved along by officers. Two tenants will be summonsed to West Roxbury Court for Supplying Alcohol to Minors and for Minor in Possession of Alcohol.
- At about 12:51 AM, officers responded to a radio call for a party in the area of 46 Alleghany Street. Upon arrival the officers found a group of approximately 20 persons standing on the back deck of the home consuming what appeared to be alcoholic beverages. Multiple empty alcohol bottles and beer cans were visible to the officers on the deck as well as throughout the home. Further investigation revealed that there were approximately 70 more persons throughout the home- found in the kitchen, basement, living room, as well as the bedrooms . Many appeared to be under the age of 21. Officers attempted to locate the residents of the home to no evail. The apartment was cleared of all occupants and secured.
- At about 1:01 AM, officers on site in the area of 680 Parker St observed two young males walking on the sidewalk with what appeared to be open containers of alcohol. Suspect #1, was walking with an open bottle of Corona Beer, and suspect #2, was walking with a can of Miller Lite in his hand. The officers stopped the suspects to further investigate and discovered both suspects were under the legal drinking age. Both will be summoned into Roxbury District Court for minor in Possession of Alcohol, and Drinking Alcohol in Public.
- At about 2:00 AM officers responded to a radio call at 63 Wait St. for a loud party. On arrival officers observed several people outside drinking alcohol- and others exiting a basement. Officers observed several kegs and speakers in the basement. The officers identified the tenants who will be summonsed to West Roxbury District Court for Minor in Possession of Alcohol and for Supplying Alcohol to a Minor.
The BPD Party Line is still active. The purpose of the BPD Party Line is to give residents a direct contact for reporting the occurrence of loud after parties. Residents are encouraged to use this resource as a means of preventing late night disorderly behavior and to reduce incidents of possible criminal conduct.
- Please call the Party Line at 617-343-5500.
- Residents may also report any disturbance to 911 or the neighborhood district station.