At about 4:45 PM on February 17, 2014, officers in the A-1 (Downtown) Drug Control Unit conducted a drug investigation in the area of 39 Boylston Street near the Saint Francis House Shelter.
During their surveillance of several individuals suspected of buying and selling illicit drugs, officers observed a number of suspected drug transactions. After further investigation, officers were able to arrest 28-year-old male Jermaine Taylor of Newton and 18-year-old female Cheyenne Marshall of Hyde Park. Officers recovered the following from the suspects:
- One loaded black Beretta 380 handgun
- Fourteen rounds of ammunition
- One large plastic bag containing 21 individually wrapped plastic bags of a substance believed to be crack cocaine
- Eight plastic bags of a green leafy substance believed to be marijuana
- $1,918.00 in United States paper currency
Both Taylor and Marshall were charged with Distribution of Class B Drugs, Possession With Intent to Distribute Class B Drugs, Possession With Intent to Distribute Class B Drugs Within 300’ of a School Zone, Possession With Intent to Distribute Class D Drugs Within 300’ of a School Zone, Conspiracy to Violate the Drug Laws, Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, Unlawful Possession of a Loaded Firearm, Unlawful Possession of Ammunition, Possession of a Large Capacity Firearm, and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony.