One Less Gun: Officers Make Arrest and Recover Loaded Firearm After Shots Fired at Two Separate Locations in Boston


On Monday, January 25, 2016, officers assigned to District D-4 (South End) made an onsite firearm arrest after two calls for shots fired at two different locations.  At about 10:20 PM, officers responded to a radio call for a person with a gun with shots fired near the Taj Hotel at 15 Arlington Street in the Back Bay.  On arrival, officers spoke with an employee who stated that he had observed a patron, later identified as Andrew Flack, 34, of Orlando (FL), who had been drinking at the hotel bar attempt to leave the building with an alcoholic beverage in his hand.  When the employee informed the man that he couldn’t take his drink outside of the hotel, he became angry, throwing his glass to the floor, causing it to break.  The suspect then exited the hotel onto Arlington Street where witnesses stated he took out a firearm and fired a shot in an unknown direction.  There were no injuries as a result of the discharge.  The suspect then fled the area on foot prior to the arrival of responding officers.  Officers recovered a credit card in the name of the suspect from the bar along with his unpaid tab and gave out a detailed description over the radio.

As officers were searching the area for the suspect, a second call came in for a person with a gun with shots fired on the other end of the district near 811 Massachusetts Avenue.  Officers from District D-4 as well as Tactical Units from SWAT quickly arrived on scene and located the suspect from the initial incident at the Taj and placed him in custody without incident.  Apparently, the suspect had gotten into a cab after discharging the firearm in the Back Bay and asked the taxi driver to take him to an undisclosed location.  As the cab was driving outbound on Massachusetts Avenue, the suspect fired his weapon while inside the vehicle, causing the driver to come to a sudden stop.  There were no reported injuries as a result of the second discharge.  As officers began to converge on the scene, the suspect exited the cab and fled on foot before being stopped near Massachusetts Avenue and Albany Street.  Officers later recovered a loaded Jimenez Arms .380 caliber handgun from the rear passenger area of the taxi cab.

The suspect will appear in Boston Municipal Court on charges of Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, Unlawful Possession of Ammunition and Firearm Discharged within 500 Feet of a Dwelling.