At about 2:55 PM on Wednesday, January 6, 2015, members of the City Wide Drug Control Unit executed a number of search warrants in the area of 52 Julian Street in District B-2 (Roxbury).
Officers made entry into the residence and encountered the subject of the search warrant at the door. Upon executing the search warrant for the male and the residence, officers recovered the following:
- One loaded Sig Sauer P228 9mm handgun
- Over $1,000 in US currency
- Several live rounds of 9mm ammunition
- Several plastic bags of crack cocaine totaling 68 grams
- Various paraphernalia consistent with the sale of illegal narcotics, including a digital scale and box of clear plastic bags
Further investigation revealed that the firearm had been reported stolen from Boston in 1997.
Officers arrested 44-year-old Milton Sherrod of Dorchester and charged him with Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, Unlawful Possession of Ammunition, Unlawful Possession of a High Capacity Feeding Device, Receiving Stolen Property, Trafficking Class B Drugs (Cocaine), Possession with Intent to Distribute Class B Drugs (Cocaine) with an additional School Zone charge, and Armed Career Criminal Level 3.