On Saturday, December 31, 2016, the City of Boston will welcome the New Year with its annual First Night Celebration. Street closures and parking bans will be in effect at various times and locations over the weekend to support the event. Those coming into Boston to enjoy the festivities are asked to leave their vehicles at home and take the MBTA. Information on service may be found at www.MBTA.com.
The following traffic and parking plan may be revised by the Boston Police Department at any time as necessary.
TEMPORARY STREET CLOSURES WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
- Boylston Street, from Exeter Street to Tremont Street, 4 PM to 8 PM
- Charles Street, from Park Plaza to Beacon Street, 5 PM to 8 PM
- Dartmouth Street, from St. James Avenue to Boylston Street, 10AM on 12/31/16 to 1AM on 1/1/17
TEMPORARY PARKING RESTRICTIONS WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
“Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event Saturday to Sunday”
- Boylston Street, Copley Square side, Dartmouth Street to Clarendon Street
- Blagden Street, both sides, Dartmouth Street to Exeter Street, not including BPL parking zone
- Trinity Place, Copley Fairmont side, from Saint James Avenue to Stuart Street, and, both sides, from Stuart Street to the Clarendon Street Parking garage, opposite #40
“Tow Zone No Stopping Saturday"
- Arlington Street, both sides, from Beacon Street to Boylston Street
- Beacon Street, both sides, from Charles Street to Arlington Street
- Berkeley Street, both sides, from Boylston Street to Newbury Street
- Boylston Street, both sides, from Exeter Street to Arlington Street (not including BPL parking zone), and, Public Garden side, from Arlington Street to Charles Street
- Clarendon Street, both sides, from Newbury Street to Boylston Street, and, Trinity Church side, from Boylston Street to Saint James Avenue
- Dartmouth Street, both sides, from St. James Street to Newbury Street
- Saint James Avenue, both sides, from Clarendon Street to Dartmouth Street