The Boston Police Department would like to once again thank all those who came out and enjoyed the Saint Patrick’s Day Parade in South Boston yesterday. The members of the community who celebrated responsibly made the festive day memorable for all.
During the course of the event, the BPD issued 498 citations for public drinking, five license premise violations, and arrested the following five males:
- Paul Leahy, 19 of Dedham charged with Disorderly Conduct
- William Bronske, 18, of Quincy charged with Destruction of Property
- Jonathan Gentile, 18, of West Bridgewater charged with Affray
- Andrew Cohoon, 18, of Bridgewater charged with Drinking in Public
- Joshua Ferris, 24, of Brimfield charged with Disorderly Conduct and Assault and Battery on a Police Officer
All arrestees will be arraigned in South Boston District Court.
“Keeping spectators and participants safe along the route was Mayor Walsh’s and my top priority,” said Commissioner Evans. “Issuing nearly double the amount of citations for public drinking compared to last year evidences the challenges we faced in keeping public order at this family event. I want to thank all of those who braved the cold and came out and celebrated responsibly.”