Please join us for this year's observance of National Night Out 2016, a celebration of our Neighborhood Watch groups and vital police/community partnerships that will occur over a two day period on Monday, August 1 and Tuesday, August 2, 2016. We look forward to highlighting the partnerships between the community, youth, police, other city agencies and community-based organizations which have thrived for many years.
Attendees will enjoy free admission, food, games, and entertainment. You are also invited to visit sponsor tables including Target, Suffolk County Sheriff’s Department, Boston Centers for Youth & Families, and a host of others including local non-profits. Event locations are as follows:
Monday, August 1st, 2016
- Brighton (D-14) - Brighton Commons (Academy Hill Road/Chestnut Hill Avenue)
- Hyde Park (E-18) – Iacona Field (Readville Street & Milton Street)
- Roslindale (E-5) – Adams Park (Washington Street)
- Jamaica Plain (E-13) – Mildred Hailey Apartments
- Mattapan (B-3) – Almont Park (Almont Street)
- Roxbury (B-2) – Shelburne Community Center
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2016
- East Boston (A-7) – Lo Presti Park
- Chinatown (A-1) - Tai Tung Village, Chinatown
- North End (A-1) – The Prado, North End
- South End (D-4) – Castle Square (Tremont Street)
- South Boston (C-6) - Moakley Park (Columbia Road)
- Dorchester (C-11) - Town Field Park (Dorchester Avenue & Park Street)
BOSTON RESIDENTS ARE URGED TO SWITCH ON THEIR OUTSIDE LIGHTS FOR THE EVENING TO DEMONSTRATE OUR UNITED COMMUNITY EFFORT AGAINST CRIME.
Neighborhood residents, who are involved in crime watch/prevention activities, work cooperatively with the police in order to reduce fear and deter crime in their neighborhoods. It is these residents that help the Boston Police Department perform our duties in a more effective manner. Our relationships form the basis for successful community policing efforts and strengthen the partnership between the residents of this city and the police. Thank you all for your participation, and we look forward to seeing you there!