At about 5:55 p.m. on Wednesday, March 28, 2018, members of the District B-3 (Mattapan) Drug Control Unit executed a search warrant in the area of 385 Blue Hill Avenue, (Dorchester). Officers located the target of their investigation, Freddie Evans, 30, Camden, NJ. Officers then conducted a protective sweep of the rest of the apartment and no other persons were located. The following items were located and seized:
1) A loaded High Point Smith & Wesson .40 caliber firearm with seven live rounds of ammunition
2) Three live .40 caliber rounds
3) One .40 caliber spent cartridge
4) Several plastic bags of marijuana
5) Various drug paraphernalia consistent with the illegal sale of drugs
Evans was placed under arrest and charged with Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, Unlawful Possession of Ammunition, Unlawful Possession of a Firearm with Obliterated Serial Number and Possession with Intent to Distribute Class D. Evans will be arraigned in Roxbury District Court.