Daily Incidents For January 3, 2007

"Just Getting A Little Change"Yesterday, officers in District 4 responded to a radio call for a breaking and entering of a motor vehicle in progress at Commonwealth Avenue and Arlington Street. On arrival officers spoke with the witness who stated that she observed an unknown Hispanic male in the driver side of her friends vehicle. The witness asked the suspect what he was doing and he replied “nothing, just getting a little change”. The suspect exited the vehicle and fled towards the Public Garden. The suspect fled with a small amount of change, there was no damage to the vehicle. Man Arrested After Attacking ATM Machine This morning around 1:25am, officers in District 14 responded to a radio call for a breaking and entering of an ATM at 140 Brighton Avenue. On arrival officers spoke with the caller who stated her attention was bought to the ATM located outside the restaurant by a loud banging noise. The caller stated she walked towards the side of the restaurant and observed a white male standing at the machine. Upon seeing the caller the suspect fled on foot down Harvard Avenue towards Commonwealth Avenue. Officers were able to apprehend the suspect who stated that the machine said it gave him money but it did not. The suspect stated he got mad and did not mean to break it. Kevin Rheaul, 30, of Boston was arrested and charged with Willful Malicious Destruction of Property. Officers observed damage to the ATM machine. Victim Robbed at Gun Point in Hotel Room At 3:00am, this morning officers in District 11 responded to a radio call for a guest at the Ramada Inn had just gotten robbed at 800 Morrissey Blvd. On arrival officers spoke with the victim who states he was in his room with a guest when the door opens up and about 6 black males entered the room with a pistol. The victim stated that the suspects started to beat him up never touching his guest. The victim stated he blacked out for a second and when he woke up the suspects and his guest was gone. The victim was robbed of his cash and the pistol was left behind. The victim refused medical attention. Officers did recover the pistol from the room.