Daily Incidents For January 4, 2007

Speeding Lands Man in JailThis morning around 12:41am, officers in District 18 responded to a radio call for a person giving a store clerk a hard time. On arrival officers observed the suspect standing in front of the Sunoco station. The suspect appeared agitated and was told several times to calm down. The suspect stated he was upset because the clerk treated him rudely and would not serve him. Officers spoke with caller who stated that the suspect wanted to be let into the store, but they do not permit customers in the gas station section of the store in the evening. When the caller refused to let the suspect in he became irate. The caller stated that the suspect was blocking the cashier window not allowing other customers to transact business. The suspect was advised by police to conduct his business elsewhere. As the suspect was driving out of the parking lot officers observed him accelerated down Cummins Hwy in excess of posted speed limit. A traffic stop was conducted and further investigation revealed his license was suspended. Dwight Fairbairn, 20, of Mattapan was arrested and charged with Operating After Revocation or Suspension. Traffic Stop end in Drug Arrest While on patrol 1:26am, officers in District 7 observed a motor vehicle fail to stop for a stop sign at Putnam and Lexington Streets. Officers performed a traffic stop and could smell a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside the vehicle. Manuel Lagoa, 26, of East Boston was arrested and charged with Possession of Class D. Officers recovered drugs and cash. Large Fight at the Kells in Brighton At 2:13am, officers in District 14 responded to a radio call for a large fight at the Kells at 158 Brighton Avenue. On arrival officers spoke with EMT who reported that several dozen people were fighting in the street blocking traffic. Upon arrival of the police the combatants had dispersed and fled in unknown direction. Officers observed one individual yelling profanity and causing a disturbance. Officers approached the individual and began a threshold inquiry during which the individual was hostile and uncooperative. The suspect was FIO’d and released.