Loud and Wild Party Results in Recovery of FirearmAbout 12:43am on Saturday, February 16, 2008, officers from District B-2 responded to a call for a loud party at 81 Prentiss St. in Roxbury. On arrival, officers heard loud music and observed a large cloud of smoke coming from an apartment in the building. As officers approached they clearly detected a strong odor of marijuana and knocked on the door of the apartment. Once the door was opened, officers observed a crowd of about 70 people in the apartment, with no furniture, large amounts of alcohol and DJ equipment. Upon gaining entry to the apartment, officers requested that the loud music be turned off and started the apartment of the partygoers, many of whom appeared to be underage. Officers, as they were clearing the apartment, observed marijuana on the floor of the apartment. Officers continued to walk through the apartment to ensure that all the party-goers were leaving the apartment, and while doing so observed an open purse with the butt of a gun sticking out of it. The purse and gun were secured while officers further investigated the scene. Numerous individuals at this time started fleeing out of the apartment. One of those individuals pushed officers as he was trying to make his way out of the party and was arrested. Officers then located the lessees of the apartment and placed them under arrest. The partygoer who pushed officers, Terrance Johnson, 19, of Boston was arrested and charged with Assault and Battery on a Police Officers and an outstanding warrant. The lessees of the apartment, Angie Castillo, 21, and Armando Suarez, both of Roxbury were arrested and charged with Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, Unlawful Possession of a Loaded Firearm, Unlawful Possession of a Large Capacity Magazine, Possession of a Firearm with an Altered Serial Number, Unlawful Possession of Ammunition, Possession of Class D, and Keepers of a Disorderly House. Fleeing Shoplifter Takes to the Highway … On Foot At approximately 2:25pm yesterday, Saturday, February 16, 2008, an officer working a paid detail at the Target Store located in the South Bay Mall observed several store detectives in a physical struggle with an individual in front of the store. This individual had been observed on the store’s close circuit television stealing from the store and attempting to leave. The officers observed the suspect singing at the store employees with an object in his hand as he approached. When the officer neared the suspect, he directed the suspect to stop and discard the item that was in his hand, later determined to be a bottle in a brown paper bag. The suspect then fled on foot while the officer engaged in a foot pursuit and gave a description of the suspect and his direction of flight, Interstate 93. As the officer continued to pursue the suspect, he fled across the parking lot, and then jumped the barriers alongside 93 South, and ran directly in the path of oncoming traffic causing numerous cars to swerve to avoid hitting him. The suspect then continued and jumped the barriers onto 93 North, avoiding being hit this time due to the fact that State Police had stopped traffic on the northbound side after being advised of the fleeing suspect on the highway. The suspect, Eddie Hall, 49, of Roxbury was arrested after making his way on the other side of the highway and charged with Shoplifting, Assault by Means of a Dangerous Weapon, Disorderly Conduct and Resisting Arrest. OUI Driver Arrested for Partying…Too Hard This morning around 2:25am, officers from District E-18 arrested suspect, Tony Avalo, 44, of Hyde Park and charged him with Operating Under the Influence of Alcohol. Officers’ attention were first directed to the suspect when he was observed driving at a high rate of speed, and swerving over the double yellow lines onto the wrong side of the road around the 1400 block of Hyde Park Avenue. Officers followed the car, and observed it swerve so far to the right at the intersection of Reservation Rd. and River St. that it almost hit the curb. At the intersection of Reservation Rd. and Brainard St., officers conducted a traffic stop. During the traffic stop, the suspect claimed that he had just left a party and that he had only had four beers. During the traffic stop, officers made note that the suspect’s voice was slurred and he was not very coherent. Based on those observations, the suspect was asked to asked to step out of his car for officers to further determine his ability to safely operate his car. Upon exiting his car, the suspect was told that he was going to be given a couple of sobriety tests, and he stated that he was ready to take the tests despite having had six beers. The suspect was unable to perform any of the two tests given to him and subsequently was placed under arrest for OUI-Alcohol.