Two Suspects Arrested for Robbing Pizza Delivery ManLast night, Friday, February 22, 2008, officers from District B-3 (Mattapan and Dorchester) arrested two suspects, a 14 year-old male from Dorchester and 18 year-old Wildin Baez from Dorchester and charged them with Armed Robbery and Assault and Battery by Means of a Dangerous Weapon. Officers initially responded to 138 Westview St. in Dorchester for a report of an armed robbery. There, officers met with the victim, a pizza deliveryman. The victim reported to officers that he was struck in the head with a gun, kicked in the stomach and jaw and robbed of the pizza that he was delivering, two of whom were described as “short Puerto Rican males.” The victim reported that after he was robbed and assaulted, the suspects fled on foot toward the rear of the building. Officers went to the rear of the building and observed footprints in the snow leading to the rear of 190 Westview Street. As officers responded to the rear of 190 Westview St., they observed a young Hispanic male in the third floor window looking out nervously who quickly retreated upon noticing that officers were looking at him. Officers gained entry to the back of 190 Westview St. and there observed wet footprints leading to two apartments. While inside the building, officers also found pizza crust leading from the second floor to the third floor landing. Officers continued their investigation and knocked on the doors where the footprints had stopped. An adult female opened the door followed from behind by a young Hispanic male matching the description of the suspects given by the victim. A protective sweep of the apartment yielded another individual matching the second suspect’s description. The two suspects were taken into custody after independent witnesses further identified them. Juvenile Arrested with Gun After Call from Mother Yesterday, Friday, February 22, 2008, officers from District C-11 (Dorchester) responded to a radio call for a 911 hang up call at 83 King St. in Dorchester. On arrival, a young man greeted officers and told them that they “…were all set!” Officers continued their investigation of the hang up call by asking to speak to an adult in the house. At this time, the mother of the young man came out and told officers that there was a problem. Officers were invited in to the house by the young man’s mother who directed officers to a trashcan. There, in plain view, officers observed what appeared to be a large caliber firearm. The young immediately stepped in and told officers that it was a pellet gun. The young man’s mother objected after seeing the gun in the trash can and told officers that this was not the gun that she had seen prior to calling 911. The young man’s mother told officers that she had found a smaller looking gun in the couch between the cushions, and confronted her son about it. The young then quickly removed the gun from between the cushions and went to his bedroom and came back moments later with another gun which he tried to pass off as the initial gun observed by his mother. The young man then told his mother that it was a pellet gun, and discarded the gun in the trashcan. Officers conversed with the caller, the young man’s mother and she was adamant that the gun in the trash can was not the same one she had observed in between the cushions and requested that officers search for the presence of that gun. While conducting a search for the gun, officers pat frisked the young man and discovered a loaded firearm in his pocket. In addition to the gun, officers recovered several bags of marijuana from his pocket, and several loose rounds of ammunition. The suspect, a 15 year-old juvenile from Dorchester was placed under arrest and charged with Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, Unlawful Possession of Ammunition, and Possession of Class D with Intent to Distribute. The suspect’s mother indicated to officers that she feared for her safety and that of her six year-old daughter and did not wish for her son to return home. Junior Operator Arrested for OUI after Hitting Pedestrian This morning at approximately 2:03am, officers from District D-4 (South End) responded to a radio call for a pedestrian struck at 218 Commonwealth Avenue. On arrival, officers observed EMS treating an unresponsive young female suffering from a head laceration. The victim was transported to Massachusetts General Hospital where she is currently listed in critical. The operator of the motor vehicle that was on scene was then placed under arrest and charged with Operating Without Being Licensed. (The suspect who is under 18, a Junior Operator, cannot operate a motor vehicle between the hours of 1am and 4am.) After being placed under arrest for the above noted offense, the suspect was transported to the district station. There, officers made note that the suspect had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath, had blood shot eyes, and was slurring his speech. Based on those observations, officers formed the opinion that the suspect was Operating Under Influence of Alcohol. Several sobriety tests were given to the suspect, and he failed al of the tests given. The suspect, Robert McGrath, 17, of Brookline was arrested and charged with Operating without Being Licensed, and Operating Under the Influence of Alcohol resulting in Serious Bodily Injury. The owner of the car was cited for Allowing an Improper Person to Operate. Officers spoke to a witness who reported that he first observed the witness at the intersection of Commonwealth Ave. and Fairfield Street. The witness stated that he next observed the victim walking in the street on Commonwealth Avenue. The witness then reported that shortly thereafter, he heard a loud noise, turned around and observed the victim airborne. Canine Officer Uses Lo-Jack to Track Suspect Rather Than His Dog Around 3:04am today, a Boston Police canine officer received a Lo-Jack notification of a stolen motor vehicle while patrolling in the area of Tremont and Stuart streets. The officer continued to monitor the signal and located the stolen vehicle parked in front of 60 Charles St. South. (The car had been reported stolen on this same date in Weymouth.) The vehicle was running and being operated by a suspect. The car was stopped and the operator, Michael A. McPhee, 38, of Rockland was arrested and charged with Receiving Stolen Motor Vehicle.