On September 17, 2008 at approximately 4:19am officers received a radio call for a report of a one-year old child wandering the streets unattended in the area of Meridian Street at White Street in East Boston. Upon arrival, officers approached the reporting party, a concerned citizen, who was holding the small child in his arms. Officers observed a small, possibly Hispanic male child between 1-1/2 to 2 years old, 2-1/2 feet tall, dark curly brown hair, big brown eyes, wearing a light blue pajama top w/ dog prints, blue jean shorts, black/blue sneakers, and white socks, who appeared to be in good health. The child’s legs felt cool to the touch so officers placed the child in their marked cruiser for warmth.The concerned citizen stated that he was driving his livery car, when he observed a small child walking around in the area of White Street down towards Meridian Street. Due to the time of night and the fact that no one else was around, the citizen called 911 immediately and held the child until police arrived. Officers canvassed the area of White Street, Marion Street, and Meridian Street for possible parents, witnesses, and/or persons that may assist in the investigation. Residents were asked to view the child to see if they recognized him. At this time, no one recognized the child from the area. EMS arrived on scene to assist. The child was transported to Mass General Hospital for evaluation. Department of Children and Families were notified by hospital staff. At approximately 6:30am, an officer was approached by an unknown female walking a dog, who stated that a frantic female is looking for her son on White Street, East Boston. Officers went to the address and spoke with the child’s distraught mother who was looking for her son. The mother stated that she put her kids to bed at around midnight and upon waking up at approximately 6:00 a.m. noticed that her son was missing. Officers observed the house to be in order and the children to be clean. The mother was transported to the hospital where she was reunited with her son. Officers filed a 51A form as a result of this incident.