POLICE ARREST SUSPECT WANTED IN CONNECTION WITH A SOUTH END SHOOTINGAt about 4:30pm, on Tuesday, September 23, 2008, officers from Area D-4 (South End) responded to a radio call for a residential alarm in the area of 604 Massachusetts Avenue. On arrival, officers observed the front door of the residence to be secure. Officers continued to the rear of the apartment in order to check any windows or rear entrances. Officers observed no signs of forced entry. However, as officers were walking out of the alley onto Shawmut Ave, officers heard what sounded like gunshots. Upon exiting the alley, officers located a male victim suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. The victim was transported to the Boston Medical Center with life threatening injuries. At about 4:50pm, officers from Area B-2 (Roxbury) located a motor vehicle wanted in connection with the shooting. The motor vehicle was located in the area of Dewitt Drive and Madison Park Ct. Upon a search of the motor vehicle, officers observed ballistics on the front passenger seat of the motor vehicle. A K-9 officer was called in to assist in the search for a possible suspect. In short time, the K-9 unit led officers to the area of 142 Madison Park Court. Once there, officers located the suspect. Officers arrested Jeremy David Thompson, 30, of Dorchester and charged him with Assault with Intent to Murder, Assault & Battery by Means of a Dangerous Weapon, Unlawful Possession of a Firearm & Ammunition. VANDALS DO THEIR BEST TO STOP THE PRESSES AT THE BOSTON HERALD At about 12:19am, on Wednesday, September 24, 2008, officers from Area D-4 (South End) responded to a radio call to take a vandalism report at the Boston Herald. On arrival, officers were met by Herald security who escorted officers to the location of the vandalism. Once there, officers spoke to witnesses (Herald employees) who stated that it appeared 15 conveyor belts had been cut. Witnesses further stated that it appeared 6 sorting and or counting machines had also been tampered with. Officers observed damage to both the conveyor belts and the sorting/counting machines. According to witnesses, the machines were last seen undamaged at about 3:30pm on Tuesday, September 23, 2008. Some five hours later, security officers discovered the damage during a walk-thru at about 8:30pm.