Reckless Driver Stopped and Arrested for OUILast night around 7:30PM, officers from District D-4 (South End) responded to the area of Clarendon and Tremont Streets for a motor vehicle being driven recklessly: failing to stop for red lights, and swerving all over the road. A short time after officers were dispatched, they were advised that EMS was behind the suspect vehicle in the vicinity of Stuart and Clarendon Streets. At the intersection of Stuart and Clarendon Streets, the motor vehicle was stopped and officers ordered the suspect to turn off the car. The suspect refused officers orders and instead locked his car doors. At this time the suspect, put his car in reverse and struck the EMS ambulance that was parked behind him. The suspect came to stop after striking the ambulance and he again was ordered to exit his car but failed to do so. Officers then approached the car, and unlocked the door through an open window. After the doors were open, the ignition was turned off and the suspect was removed from the car. While removing the suspect from the car, a half empty bottle of whiskey fell out of the suspect’s sweatshirt pocket. At the same time, officers detected a very strong odor of alcohol on the suspect and noted that the suspect was very unsteady on his feet. Officers after removing the suspect from the car also saw another full bottle of whiskey on the driver’s side front floor. Based on the suspect’s erratic operation of his car, the half empty bottle of whiskey, the strong odor of alcohol, and his unsteadiness on his feet, officers formed the opinion that the suspect was operating his motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. The suspect, Steven Hutchings, 58, of Dorchester was arrested and charged with OUI-Alcohol, Refusal to Stop for Police Officers, and Reckless Operation of a Motor Vehicle. Officers, after arresting the suspect, spoke to witnesses who reported that they observed the suspect stopped at the intersection of Boylston and Exeter Streets where he was sleeping at the wheel. The suspect was asked if he was ok at that time and he answered yes. The witnesses followed the suspect from there and saw him fail to stop for at least four red lights almost striking several cars and pedestrians. In addition the suspect swerved through numerous double yellow lines before being stopped by officers. Armed Robbery at 130 North Beacon Street At approximately 9:30PM last night, officers from District D-14 (Allston and Brighton) responded to 130 North Beacon St. for an armed robbery. On arrival, officers spoke to several witnesses and victims. All parties reported to officers that a suspect, described as a black, non-Hispanic male with slim build in his 20s, entered the store, displayed a double barreled sawed-off shotgun and assaulted a customer with the gun. According to all parties, the suspect then walked over to the counter, and demanded cash from the clerk. After getting the cash from the clerk, the suspect walked over to another victim, had him empty his pockets, and then went behind the counter and took an undisclosed amount of currency. A search of the area for the suspect was unsuccessful. One of the victims transported himself to Saint Elizabeth’s hospital for non-life threatening injuries. Urinating in Public Not a Good Way to Gain Favor This morning around 1:14AM, officers from District A-7 (East Boston) were on patrol in the area 170 Cottage St. when they observed a male suspect urinating in plain view of members of the public on a sidewalk. Officers approached the suspect and quickly determined that the suspect whose car was parked at the curb was highly intoxicated. Officers stopped the suspect and started to conduct a threshold inquiry when he started to berate officers and insult them. The suspect became further agitated as officers continued to conduct the threshold inquiry and became unruly and started screaming causing a disturbance. The suspect, Hugo Perez, 37, of East Boston was arrested and charged with being a Disorderly Person.