At about 2:07am, on Monday, July 26, 2010, officers from Area A-1 (Downtown) were on patrol in the area of Tremont Street when they were approached by an individual who stated that he had just observed a white motor vehicle strike another motor vehicle inside a parking garage. Officers then observed the motor vehicle attempting to exit the garage. When the operator of the car saw the officers approaching, the suspect took off at a high rate of speed. Officers promptly broadcast a description of the suspect’s motor vehicle over the police radio. Officers monitored the suspect for a short time but the lost sight of him. However, while following the suspect, officers observed the suspect fail to stop for a red light. Officers relocated the suspect exiting his car in the area of Essex Street.

Officers arrested the suspect, Mario Rosa, 24, of Everett, and charged him with Refusing to Submit to a Police Officer, Leaving the Scene of an Accident (Property Damage) and Negligent Operation of a Motor Vehicle.


At about 10:04am, on Monday July 26, 2010, officers from Area D-4 (South End) responded to a radio call for a shoplifter at 874 Harrison Avenue (CVS Pharmacy). On arrival, officers spoke to store employees who stated that an individual entered the store and was seen taking and placing numerous cologne bottles into a paper bag. The individual caught the attention of store employees when, upon entering the store, he immediately ducked down, presumably, to avoid being seen by the store’s video surveillance cameras. As a result, store employees began watching the individual. When the suspect began stealing items, store employees called police.

When asked if he was going to pay for the items, the suspect stated that he didn’t have any money. Officers arrested Elizer Santiago, 33, of Boston and charged him with Larceny (Over $250.00).


At about 10:59am, on Monday, July 26, 2010, officers from Area D-4 (South End) responded to a radio call for a larceny in progress at 182 Newbury Street. On arrival, officers spoke to employees at the Sunglass Hut who stated that they observed a white male enter the store, take a pair of sunglasses from a display case and exit the store without providing payment. The store employee promptly called police and then followed the suspect outside and asked the suspect to give the glasses back. When the suspect stated that he hadn’t taken anything, the employee informed the suspect that the theft had been captured on surveillance video. At this point, the suspect returned the glasses and fled on foot with another individual. After speaking to the store employee, officers broadcast a description of the suspect over the police radio.

While still on scene, officers were approached by a witness who stated that he just watched two individuals changing shirts just around the corner. Thinking it strange, the witness approached police. The individuals mentioned by the witness matched the description of the suspect or suspects who had just fled the store. In short time, officers were able to locate the suspects. Once found, the suspects were brought back to the scene for identification purposes. 

After being positively identified by store employees, officers arrested Mark Coburn, 35, of Boston and charged him with Larceny (Over $250.00)