Multi-Agency Warrant Sweep Rounds Up Drug Offenders as Part of Ongoing Effort
As part of an ongoing investigation known as ‘Operation Bi-Focal’, today the Boston Police Department in conjunction with law enforcement partners executed a warrant sweep targeting offenders participating in drug activity in the Franklin Hill and Franklin Field area.
This targeted effort continues to concentrate on individuals believed to be involved in a drug distribution network and other violent activity impacting public safety and quality of life for the community of Franklin Hill and Franklin Field.
Mayor Thomas M. Menino said in a statement, “I would like to commend the dedication and hard work of our many officers who participate in this ongoing safety initiative. Today’s sweep is another example of the Boston Police Department’s relentless and proactive efforts focused on suppression, prevention and intervention to increase public safety and quality of life for Boston residents.”
Police Commissioner Ed Davis stated, “This level of multi-agency collaboration undoubtedly has a significant impact on public safety and criminal activity in our neighborhoods. I commend these officers and all of our law enforcement partners involved in this ongoing effort for sending a clear message to Boston residents that we will not tolerate perpetrators who prey on our community. Boston Police remain steadfast in our efforts to provide a safe environment for individuals to live, work and raise their children.”
The participating agencies and units include: Boston Police Youth Violence Strike Force, District B-3 detectives, the BPD Fugitive and Apprehension Team, Special Investigations Unit, Boston Regional Intelligence Center, MA State Police Gang Unit, Transit Police, Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives, Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office, Probation Department and the United States Attorney’s Office.
Operation Bi-Focal is an ongoing effort that in the last several months has resulted in the arrest of an additional ten serious offenders involved in violent activity in the Franklin Hill/Franklin Field area. The prior ten arrests were focused on firearm related charges. Today’s arrests make a current total of 16 arrests for Operation Bi-Focal. This important neighborhood safety initiative will continue.
The following offenders were arrest this morning:
- Lavon Thomas (9/14/1992) of Norwood, MA for Distribution Class D (School Zone) and Conspiracy to Violate Drug Laws
- Kerwin Cornelius (6/30/1992) of Boston for Distribution Class D (School Zone) and conspiracy to Violate Drug Laws
- Daquan Dooley (3/30/1989) of Boston for Distribution Class D (School Zone) and Conspiracy to Violate Drug Laws
- Phillip Woods (4/29/1993) of Boston for Distribution Class D and Conspiracy to Violate Drug Laws
- Jordan Barnell (3/23/1991) of Boston for Distribution Class D
- Keenan Brasfield (9/21/1991) of Stoughton, MA for a West Roxbury Court Probation Violation