SNOW EMERGENCY DECLARED FOR THE CITY OF BOSTON
Mayor Thomas Menino has declared a snow emergency as a result of the recent snow fall. Conditions thus far have been blizzard-like in nature and, as such, residents are encouraged to stay home and stay off the city's roadways while the City's snow removal personnel go about the business of clearing and removing snow.
- Parking ban went into effect at 9pm on January 11th. Alternate lots are available.
- Boston Public Schools are closed on Wednesday, January 12th.
- City Hall remains open for business, staffed by essential employees.
- Non-essential City employees are directed to stay home on Wednesday.
- Businesses are asked to consider having employees work from home, particularly as the heaviest snowfall is expected during the morning commute.
- All trash collection for the remainder of the week will be delayed by one day, through Saturday.
- Boston Centers for Youth & Families will open 10 community centers on Wednesday from noon to 6pm for families with childcare needs.
- Boston Public Libraries will be closed on Wednesday.
*** Last updated 1/12/11, 11am ***