The Bunker Hill Day Parade and related events will be held in Charlestown this weekend. Traffic will be detoured and parking will be restricted at various locations. The Boston Transportation Department is advising drivers, bicyclists and pedestrians alike to take extra care to obey the rules of the road and to be considerate of others traveling on local streets. Those coming into the City to attend these events are encouraged to leave their private vehicles at home and take the MBTA.
On Sunday, June 16, the Battle of Bunker Hill Parade will begin at 12:30 PM with 1500 participants lining up in Hayes Square. The route to be followed is Vine Street to Bunker Hill Street to Main Street to Union Street to Washington Street to Harvard Street to Pleasant Street to Warren Street to Monument Avenue to Monument Square to High Street to Green Street to Bartlett Street to Monument Square to Winthrop Square to Common Street to Park Street.
To accommodate the parade, temporary "Tow Zone, No Stopping, Parade Sunday" parking regulations will be in effect at the following locations.
• Vine Street, from Chelsea Street to Bunker Hill Street
• Bunker Hill Street, from Vine Street to Main Street
• Main Street, from Bunker Hill Street to Union Street
• Union Street, from Main Street to Washington Street
• Washington Street, from Union Street to Harvard Street
• Harvard Street, from Washington Street to Main Street
• Pleasant Street, from Main Street to Warren Street
• Warren Street, from Pleasant Street to Monument Avenue
• Monument Avenue, from Warren Street to Monument Square
• Monument Square, from Monument Avenue to Pleasant Street, and from Pleasant Street to Green Street
• Green Street, from High Street to Bartlett Street
• Bartlett Street, from Green Street to Monument Square
• Monument Square, from Concord Street to Lexington Street, and from Lexington Street to Winthrop Street
• Winthrop Street, from Monument Square to Common Street
• Common Street, (Training Field Side) from Winthrop Street to Park Street
• Hunter Street, from Bunker Hill Street to Vine Street
• Decatur Street, from Vine Street t #50 Decatur Street
• Moulton Street, from Bunker Hill Street to Vine Street
• Bunker Hill Street, from Tufts Street to Lowney Way
• Chelsea Street, from Fifth Street to Medford Street
On Saturday, June 15, a “Mummers Concert” will take place on Monument Square. To accommodate the concert, temporary “Tow Zone, No Stopping, Saturday” parking regulations will be in effect at the following location.
• Monument Square, from Winthrop Street to Pleasant Street
On Sunday, June 16, the 2 Mile Battle of Bunker Hill Road Race will begin at 9:30 AM at the intersection of First Avenue and Sixth Street in Charlestown. More than 200 runners are expected to participate. The route is Chelsea Street, left onto Vine Street, straight onto Bunker Hill Street, left onto Lexington Street, continuing onto Monument Square, right onto High Street, right onto Elm Street, right onto Bunker Hill Street, continuing onto Vine Street, left onto Chelsea Street, right onto Thirteenth Street, right onto First Street.
On Sunday, June 16, the 8K Battle of Bunker Hill Road Race will begin at 9:45 AM at the intersection of First Avenue and Sixth Street in Charlestown. An estimated 200 runners will make their way from Chelsea Street, right onto Warren Street, straight onto Main Street, right onto Bunker Hill Street, right onto Lowney Way, right onto Adams Street, left onto Common Street, straight onto Park Street, right onto Warren Street, straight onto Main Street, left onto Medford Street, left onto Chelsea Street, right onto Thirteenth Street, right onto First Street.