At about 12:30 PM on Friday, February 21, 2014, detectives in the Youth Violence Strike Force executed search warrants in the areas of 16 Dacia Street in District B-2 (Roxbury) and 54 Virginia Street in District C-11 (Dorchester).
After an eight-month investigation into the illegal sale of cocaine, heroin, and drug paraphernalia at the Dolly Market located in the area of 16 Dacia Street, detectives were able to seize the following as a result of four search warrants:
- One 12-gauge pistol-grip shotgun with an obliterated serial number
- Approximately 1,210 grams of a white powder substance believed to be cocaine
- Two hundred ninety grams of a brown powder substance believed to be heroin
- Approximately 1,688 grams of brown and white unknown powder substances
- One hundred twenty-two bottles of cutting agents
- $11,200 in United States paper currency
The two individuals targeted in this investigation have been arrested and charged as follows:
Sixty-year-old Ramon Fermin of Mattapan has been charged with Trafficking Class A (Heroin), Trafficking Class B (Cocaine), Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, Possession of a Firearm With Obliterated Serial Number, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, and Conspiracy to Violate the Drug Laws.
Thirty-seven-year-old Carlos Pimentel of Dorchester has been charged with Unlawful Possession of Ammunition and Conspiracy to Violate the Drug Laws.