At about 5:56 AM on Monday, May 19, 2014, members of the Boston Police Youth Violence Strike Force (YVSF) and the Special Investigations Unit/Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms Task Force executed two search warrants in the area of 113 Shandon Road in District C-11 (Dorchester). As a result of these warrants, the following were recovered:
- A Smith & Wesson semi-automatic firearm
- A Sturm Ruger P89 semi-automatic firearm loaded with a high-capacity magazine containing 15 live rounds of ammunition
- Nine loose rounds of ammunition
- One magazine containing 7 live rounds of ammunition
- One Olympic 38 starter pistol
- One plastic bag containing a substance believed to be marijuana
- Drug paraphernalia
- $900.00 in U.S. paper currency
Twenty-two-year-old Manuel Brea (aka Manuel Laboy) of Dorchester was arrested and charged with two counts of Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, Unlawful Possession of a High Capacity Feeding Device, four counts of Unlawful Possession of Ammunition, and Possession with Intent to Distribute Class D Substance.
Also arrested as a result of the warrants was 37-year-old Keith Glover of Dorchester, who will be charged with a prior armed robbery and home invasion.