The annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade (1:00pm start), as well as the annual South Boston Boys & Girls Club Road Race (11:00am start), will be held in South Boston on Sunday, March 19, 2017. The parade and related events will result in street closures and traffic detours in and around South Boston. Those travelling to South Boston for the festivities are encouraged to utilize public transportation. Ride information on the MBTA may be found at www.MBTA.com. For a faster return trip, the MBTA advises riders to purchase a round-trip rather than a one-way ticket. Additionally, info on Hubway, the regional bike share system may be found at www.theHubway.com.
The parade will begin at 1:00pm on West Broadway at Dorchester Avenue, proceed to East Broadway and come to end on Farragut Road. Accordingly, streets along the parade route will be closed to traffic from 10:00am – 4:00pm.
The road race will begin at 11:00am on West Sixth Street at the Boys & Girls Club and will end at Noon.
The route will take runners from:
- West Sixth Street to Dorchester Street
- Right onto East Broadway
- Down and around the Farragut Statue at Day Boulevard to East Broadway
- Right onto West Broadway
- Left onto E. Street
- Left onto West Sixth Street and ending at the Boys and Girls Club at 230 West Sixth Street.
Streets along the race route will be closed to traffic temporarily as the runners pass through, with the exception of West Broadway and East Broadway. Those streets will be closed for a longer stretch of time to accommodate the parade.
Tow Zone/No Stopping Parking Restrictions will be in effect as follows:
- West Broadway, both sides, from Dorchester Avenue to Dorchester Street
- East Broadway, both sides, from Dorchester Street to Farragut Road
- Farragut Road, both sides, from Columbia Road to East First Street
- Dorchester Avenue, both sides, from Gillette Park to Old Colony Avenue (Staging Area)
- Old Colony Avenue, both sides, from Dorchester Avenue to C Street
- East First Street, both sides, from Farragut Road to O Street
- West Sixth Street, both sides, from F Street to Dorchester Street
- F Street, Boys and Girls Club side, West Sixth Street to Bowen Street
- Summer Street, South Boston, east side, from East First Street to the end of 776 Summer Street
- Summer Street, Financial District, South Station side, from Atlantic Avenue to the MBTA bus stopper near 245 Summer Street