At about 5:09 PM on Wednesday, August 22, 2018, officers assigned to District B-3 (Mattapan), responded to the area of 22 Lyford Street, Dorchester, for shots fired.
Upon arrival where on the lookout for possible suspects while other officers remained on scene searching for possible ballistic evidence and possible victims. Operations broadcasted the description of two males and requested additional units respond to the area where officer had two males stopped.
Six 9mm shell casings were located in the pocket of the male juveniles. Officers also observed ballistic damage to a black motor vehicle parked in front of 130 Callender Street. Seized near the scene was a black Berretta px4 storm handgun with an empty 17 (9mm) rounds capacity magazine. Further investigation revealed the firearm to be reported stolen Georgia back on April, 2018.
Both juvenile suspects were charged with:
• Delinquent to wit; Unlawful Possession of a Firearm
• Delinquent to wit; Unlawful Possession of Ammunition
• Delinquent to wit; Unlawful Possession of a Large Capacity Feeding Device
• Delinquent to wit; Firearm Discharged within 500 ft. of Dwelling
• Delinquent to wit; Buying, Receiving or Concealing Stolen Goods
They will both be arraigned today in Dorchester Juvenile Court.