BPD Traffic Advisory: The Caribbean Carnival and Parade will take place in the City of Boston on Saturday, August 24, 2019. Street closures and parking restrictions will be in effect in the area of the celebration and traffic delays should be expected. Those attending the events are encouraged not to drive their personal vehicles.
The Caribbean Carnival Parade will begin at 1 PM on Martin Luther King Boulevard and will proceed on Warren Street to Blue Hill Avenue, ending at the Circuit Drive (Peabody Circle) entrance to Franklin Park. Formation for this parade will take place on Martin Luther King Boulevard between Warren and Washington Streets.
The Boston Police Department will begin redirecting traffic away from the Caribbean Carnival Parade route at 11:00 AM.
· Outbound (west) vehicle traffic on Columbia Road will be rerouted at Geneva Avenue with all traffic being directed to turn left (south) onto Geneva Avenue toward Bowdoin Street.
· Vehicle traffic on Blue Hill venue will be redirected at Blue Hill Avenue and Talbot Avenue with no traffic on Blue Hill Avenue toward American Legion Highway.
· At Blue Hill Avenue and American Legion Highway, all traffic will be directed onto Blue Hill Avenue (south) toward Talbot Avenue.
· Vehicle traffic on Columbus Avenue will be directed onto Walnut Avenue at the intersection of Columbus Avenue, Seaver Street and Walnut Avenue.
· No vehicle traffic will be allowed on Seaver Street toward Blue Hill Avenue.
Temporary "Tow Zone No Stopping Boston Police Special Event" parking restrictions will be in effect on Saturday as follows.
· Talbot Avenue, Kerwin Street to Blue Hill Avenue
· Blue Hill Avenue, Harvard Street to Warren Street
· Dale Street, Walnut Avenue to #56 Dale Street, and Sherman Street to Warren Street
· Columbia Road, Blue Hill Avenue to Seaver Street
· Glenway Street, Blue Hill Avenue past Old Road to #11 Glenway
· Glenway Street, School Yard, along the fence abutting Glenway Street
· Martin Luther King Boulevard, Warren Street to Washington Street
· Old Road, Glenway Street to Columbia Road
· Seaver Street, Blue Hill Avenue to #280 Seaver Street
· Warren Street, from Martin Luther King Boulevard to Blue Hill Avenue
· Circuit Drive, Blue Hill Avenue to Morton Street
· Walnut Avenue, Franklin Park side, Seaver Street to Sigourney Street
· Sigourney Street, Franklin Park side, Walnut Avenue to Glen Road
· Walnut Avenue, both sides, Seaver Street to Park Lane